Creative Producers Brief
Certain Blacks is an arts development organisation formed to support the growth of diverse artists. The organisation supports performance, live art, music and theatre, elevating the creative voice of our multi-cultural society. The organisation aims to provide more global majority led performance and touring work in the UK and beyond.
Creative Producer Role
We are looking for 2 freelance Creative Producers to join our team at Certain Blacks.
The creative producers will manage 4 new commissions which may feature music, live art, theatre, spoken word or circus, for the Ensemble Festival.
Ensemble Festival, an outdoor community festival led by Certain Blacks in The Royal Docks, Newham, 19-23 July 2023. The festival presents work with our national partners, Without Walls consortium, attracting local and regional audiences.
The 2 freelance Creative Producers will ensure the new art commissions are deliverable to a realistic timeline, budget and of the highest quality. As a team, at Certain Blacks’ team will agree on how best we will work collaboratively to produce a successful Ensemble Festival 2023.
- ● Work with artists to develop new commissions, supporting all logistics from planning to the final presentation of the new work.
- ● Manage and share information about each commission with the production and festival team
- ● Ensuring all risk assessments, health and safety, insurance, DBS checks, policies and processes are in place for commissioning artists.
- ● To manage and update commission budgets, discuss any potential budget variances with the Senior Producer
- ● Help source rehearsal space for commissioned artists if applicable
- ● Support Certain Blacks’ marketing team around campaign plans; this includes collating and creating production copy, press releases, biogs, images, social media handles andany other info required.
- ● Support the Certain Blacks’ team in the run-up to Ensemble Festival and on the festival day
- ● Work with the Certain Blacks’ team to support individual commissions and overall festival evaluationSkills
- ● Proven experience working with Artists or arts-based projects timelines from start to finish.
- ● An understanding of financial literacy, experience in managing projects budgets
- ● Positive attitude and relationship management to support artists develop their artisticambitions creatively and logistically.
- ● Must be a self-starter able to manage time, workload and commitments.
- ● Must be comfortable with working independently, managing a range of relationships, and have good communication skills.
- ● Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- ● An interest in working in the arts and culture outdoor sector.Freelance fixed term: Flexible, freelance fixed term from May 2023 to July 2023 Fee: £2000 (Inclusive of expenses)Closing date for applications: Friday 12th May 2023 Interviews: Friday 19th May 2023Start date: May (there is some flexibility on the start date, but the post holder will commence duties no later than early June)We encourage applications from diverse and underrepresented artists in the arts and culture sector.
Please send your CV with a cover letter to: email@example.com